Need help finding and affording child care? Let us help
We serve six east central Illinois counties: Champaign, Douglas, Iroquois, Macon, Piatt, and Vermilion.
We work to support the well-being of children and families by promoting the availability of quality child care services in the area. We work with parents, child care providers, businesses, and community organizations to provide education and training and act as a bridge to other important resources at the local, University, state, and national levels.
We provide parents with:
- Child care referrals
- Information on evaluating quality child care
- Resources on various parenting issues
- Assistance in paying for child care (for income eligible families)
We offer child care providers
- Access to valuable training–based evidence and best-practices
- Support services for new or established programs
- Access to funding opportunities
- Lending van/library resources
Child Care Resource Service also works to assess the needs of our community and promote quality child care and healthy families by providing educational events, mental health consultant, infant/toddler specialist and a Spanish-speaking specialist. We are located at the University of Illinois and are proud to be a part of the research community in the Department of Human Development and Family Studies. We hope you enjoy the information and resources we offer on our website. Feel free to contact us with any questions.