The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) is funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services and assists low-income parents with child care payments through 16 Resource & Referral agencies throughout the state. CCRS covers the six counties of Champaign, Douglas, Macon, Piatt, Iroquois, and Vermilion.
STEP ONE: Do you qualify?
Child care assistance may be available if you:
- Live in Illinois
- Have a child or children under the age of 13, AND
- Are working and meet income requirements, OR
- Receive TANF and are in an education training, or other work activity approved by your caseworker, OR
- Are a teen parent (under age 20) in high school, an alternative high school, or GED program, OR
- Are attending education or training activities including ESL, high school equivalence, GED, vocational training and 2 and 4 year college degree programs.
Using your paychecks and/or other eligible income, our CCAP Specialists will calculate your total monthly pre-tax income that will be used for determining eligibility for the program.
Please use the Child Care Assistance Program Eligibility Calculator to get an estimated calculation. Bear in mind, this calculator gives only an estimate; reviewing documentation is the only way to receive your finalized eligibility.
For questions please contact us at 1 (800) 325-5516 option 2 and refer to the DHS policy manual.
STEP TWO: Do you need help finding quality child care?
View our page Finding Quality Child Care to learn about how CCRS can help you find a provider who fits your family’s needs!
STEP THREE: Apply!
You can download and print the application by clicking below:
You can also request an application via our request form here.
Applications can also be faxed, mailed, or emailed via our email (email@example.com) or our main phone line at (217)333-3252 or toll-free at (800)325-5516.
Additionally, you can find applications next to the drop box located outside our building. We try to keep this box replenished several times a day. Local DHS agencies, supporting human service agencies, & participating child care providers often will have copies of the Child Care Application available at request as well.