CCRS provides an abundance of training opportunities to fulfill our commitment to the development of quality child care.
CCAP Provider Required Training – Updated July 1, 2022
The Illinois Department of Human Services strives to support providers in caring for children by offering tools and resources to help you be successful. Training is one of those tools that is available for you to stay current on best practices in health and safety. With this in mind, effective July 1, 2022 CCAP policy was revised in accordance with new federal regulations. This policy states that license-exempt non-relative child care providers must complete health and safety training to receive CCAP payments.
Who needs to complete the trainings?
- Directors(s) – individual(s) who has the primary responsibility for the daily operations management of the center
- Teacher(s) – includes lead teachers, teachers, teacher assistants or teach aides who are employed for compensation on a regular basis
- Support Staff – individual(s) who has responsibility in a classroom, working directly with children, on a regular basis
- Student workers, part-time employees, substitutes, and migrant/seasonal/summer camp providers
License-Exempt Non-Relative Family Child Care Homes
- The primary caregiver is required to complete all trainings. The primary caregiver is the person w ho signs the CCAP application asking to be an approved provider. If the primary caregiver has substitutes or assistants, they are also required to complete all trainings.
What trainings are required?
- Membership to the Gateways Registry to track training completion at: https://registry.ilgateways.com/.
- Membership must be renewed yearly.
- Within 90 days of approval, complete:
- First Aid & CPR: If you are currently caring for children receiving Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) you may be eligible for a full reimbursement of the cost of the CPR / First Aid training costs. Please complete the CPR / First Aid application (located under forms) and the Vendor Information form and return to CCRS with all supporting documents.
- IDCFS Child Abuse and Neglect Mandated Reporter Training: This training was previously offered online only is now available in-person.
- Recertification of these requirements will count toward yearly training requirements below
- Complete Child Development, Health and Safety Basics course or obtain ECE Credential Level 1 Training
- Enter your completed trainings in the Gateways Registry and print and keep a copy of your certificates and FA/CPPR Card
- Six hours of Child Development, Health and Safety training completed yearly
To register for trainings, please call our office or click on the start button on the event in our training calendar to complete your registration online. If the training you are wanting to attend has a fee, you must send the fee to CCRS before your registration will be complete.
When are the trainings due?
CCRS staff are ready to assist you and to answer any questions you may have. We want you to succeed and meet the deadlines outlined above. Your services are essential to the program and the parents you serve. Thank you for your understanding and timely attention to meeting these deadlines. There are health and safety coaches ready and willing to help you find trainings and track them; call our office for help today!
CPR/FA instructors in your area
Jessica McMahon Serves all counties email@example.com (217)355-1197
American Red Cross www.redcross.org/take-a-class
Carle Foundation Hospital Serves Champaign, Douglas, Piatt, and Vermilion counties Rural Health and Farm Safety Register through: www.carle.org > click on Classes and Events
CPR Lifesavers Serving all counties Doug and Cindie Olsen firstname.lastname@example.org (217) 649-4389
Kirby Ambulance Service Serving Piatt county 1111 N State St, Monticello, IL 61853 Contact Crystal at (217) 762-1801
Vital Education Serving Central Illinois 2703 W Clark Road Suite 5, Champaign, IL 61822 Office: 217-359-0101 Toll Free: 877-558-7377
Impulse CPR Serving Champaign county, however all counties are welcome! email@example.com Contact Beth Schafer at (217) 390-8100
American Heart Association https://www.heart.org/
Provena Regional Emergency - Medical Services Serving Champaign, Piatt, and Vermilion counties Register with the Champaign Park District at (217) 398-2550
Richland Community College Serving Macon and Piatt counties, however all counties are welcome! 1 College Park , Decatur, IL 62521 firstname.lastname@example.org (217) 875-7211, ext. 219
Online / on-demand trainings
Gateways to Opportunity Online Training (includes the following trainings:)
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS)
- Level 1 Early Childhood Education
- Welcoming Each & Every Child (New)
- New***Emergency Preparedness for Child Care***
In-person / face-to-face trainings
Getting out, meeting new people, and sharing ideas are all great reasons to join other child care professionals through training. Gatherings of child care providers impart a strength in numbers and generate a sense of support from the wealth of ideas and shared values. Available trainings are found by clicking the appropriate month tab on our training calendar.
Registration for trainings can be done by:
- Completing and returning the registration form enclosed in the training calendar.
- Calling our agency (for free events only).
- Emailing our agency (for free events only).
Please Pre-Register (even if you are an association member) so that we can accommodate all participants with comfortable seating, training certificates, handouts and refreshments (if provided). CCRS does not limit the number of people who can register from a child care program. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Generally, there needs to be 10 people registered to hold a workshop. Walk-ins are allowed to some but not all workshops, and…if you have not pre-registered , we cannot guarantee you handouts, notify you if a workshop has changed location or is canceled, or that the workshop has been closed for full enrollment.
Registration when payment required:
Payment (check, money order, or cash) for those events which are not free must be received in our office with a registration form by noon on the business day before the event, unless otherwise advertised, or approved by a CCRS training staff member.
Confirmation of your registration:
When you pre-register you will receive a confirmation postcard listing all the workshops for which you have signed up. Please hold onto it as it will serve as your only reminder.
- Late Arrivals: A fifteen (15) minute grace period will be given at all training sessions. This grace period begins at the advertised start time. Participants will not be allowed in the training after the 15 minute grace period.
- Early Departures: To receive a training certificate, participants must stay until the trainer is finished.
Participants must respect the learning space of all. Participant behavior that is disruptive to other participants will not be tolerated. The individual will be given the choice to stop the behavior or leave the workshop.
Our workshops are for adults. Children are not to be in attendance at training sessions (unless specifically invited or to be a part of the training).
To receive credit or refund for training sessions with a fee, participants must cancel by noon on the business day prior to the training session.
Some workshops have a waiting list
Please let us know if you are unable to attend so that someone else can take advantage of the training opportunity. We also want to use training funds wisely and prepare materials only for those who are coming.
Pre-registration fees may be non-refundable for no-show registrants. Registrants will not be charged or billed fees for non-attendance after training has occurred. No-show registrants will not be denied access to future trainings, as long as they follow other training policies and procedures.
Workshop cancellation for low enrollment will be done no earlier than 5 business days and no later than 1 business day prior to the session. Decisions about workshops canceled for weather will be made by noon on the day of the training. We will make every effort to notify participants of the cancellation.
If at all possible, workshops canceled for weather or reasons other than low enrollment will be rescheduled at a later date. If CCRS cancels a training session, credit for another session or refund will be available if CCRS is the fiscal agency (i.e., the payment was made to the University of Illinois through Child Care Resource Service).
To receive a training certificate, participants must stay until the trainer is finished.
If you misplace or lose your certificate, replacement certificates must be issued at the request of the individual participant. Certificates will only be released to the individual who participated at the training session. At this time, there is no fee for this service.
CCRS can issue a summary or transcript of trainings taken by an individual participant through our agency with our Data Tracking Program (DTP).
DTP transcripts may be issued at the request of an individual participant. To ensure confidentiality, transcripts are to be released to the individual. At this time, there is no fee for this service.