Help Paying for Child Care

The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) is funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services and assists low income parents with child care payments in the six counties of Champaign, Douglas, Macon, Piatt, Iroquois and Vermilion.

Do You Qualify for Help Paying for Child Care?

Child care assistance may be available if you: 

  • Have a child (or children under the age of 13, AND 
  • Are working and meet income requirements, OR 
  • Receive TANF and are in an education training, or other work activity approved by your caseworker, OR 
  • Are a teen parent (under age 20) in high school, an alternative high school, or GED program, OR 
  • Are attending education or training activities including ESL, high school equivalence, GED, vocational training and 2 and 4 year college degree programs. 

For questions please contact us at 1 (800) 325-5516 option 2 and refer to the DHS policy manual.

Requesting Applications

Parents can call the Child Care Resource Service at (800) 325-5516, option 2, to request an application by mail, or fax. You can download and print the application from our website by going to the right side under “Quick Links” and selecting “Request CCAP Forms“. These forms are also available in Spanish.