Will you be having a celebration on Labor Day? How about serving some fun hot dog alternatives that the kids can help you make? They’re fun, cute, and nobody is going to turn you down!
You will need:
- hot dogs
- crescent roll dough
- cheese cut into star shapes
How to assemble the Sparkler Hot Dogs:
- place hot dogs on skewers, pushing the skewer over the tip exposing about 2 inches
- cut the crescent dough into strips and wrap the hot dogs in a spiral pattern
- bake for about 10 minutes (check dough package for temperature) or until the dough is cooked through and golden
- make star shaped cheese from Colby-Jack cheese using star cookie cutters
- place the cheese stars on top of the baked hot dog skewers when they are done baking
Serve with cut up fruit or your favorite summer salads.