TRAINING FOR CHILD CARE PROVIDERS
The Child Care Resource Service provides an abundance of training opportunities to fullfill our commitment to the development of quality childcare.
In Person / Face to Face Training
"Getting Out," "Meeting new people,""Sharing ideas," are reasons to join with other child care professionals in trainings. Gatherings of child care providers impart a strength in numbers and generate a sense of support from the wealth of ideas and shared values. Available trainings are found by clicking the appropriate month tab.
On-line Training Workshops
- CCRS Online Training Workshops. CCRS is pleased to partner with the Child Care Education Institue to offer online professional development courses that meet DCFS licensing training requirements. Online training opportunities offered include both one and two hour in service credit courses. All courses offered have been reviewed by CCR&R staff. Some classes are available in Spanish. Professional development coursework is delivered through an online learning management system that providers user-friendly enrollment, easy access to courses, and a self-paced engaging online learning environment for students. Professionals
can take courses from any computer with Internet access, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Certificates can be printed immediately upon completion of the training module. Individuals may complete up to 5 hours of workshops free of charge. A small fee of $7/hour will be charged for any additional workshops for which you register.
- In order to register for an on-line training, you must reside in one of the 6 counties we serve. . . Champaign, Douglas, Iroquois, Macon, Piatt, or Vermilion.
- Click here for a complete list of currently available online workshops.
- Click here to complete the registration form for an online workshop. Do not register with CCEI until you receive the confirmation email.
- Once confirmation of registration is received, professionals can register with CCEI and access the online training system through CCRS's Online Training Portal. Click here!
- Gateways to Opportunity Online Training
(includes the following trainings:)
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS)
- Level 1 Early Childhood Education
- Welcoming Each & Every Child (New)
- New***Emergency Preparedness for Child Care***
- DCFS Online Training
See below for TRAINING POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Level 1 ECE Credential is available in local trainings or online. Click Here!
Information for the Program for Infant Toddler Care (PITC), Click Here!
Click on a month below to see what trainings are available.
To register for trainings, complete and send in the REGISTRATION FORM or click on the start button and comlete your registration on-line. If the training you are wanting to attend has a fee, you must send the fee to CCRS before your registration will be complete.
To see the full training calendar click here.
The Child Care Resource Service has self-study videos and materials available for child care providers to check out.
To view the specifc topics in each video series, click the tabs below:
The Whole Child: A Caregiver's Guide to the First Five Years
The CCP Professional Development Series
Children with Special Needs
Preventing Discipline Problems
Infant & Toddler Care
The following GUIDELINES are followed for Self Studies:
- The child care provider must be listed on the CCRS database.
- There is a fee of $5.00 to check out a self-study for one month. Please make checks payable to the University of Illinois.
- One self-study at a time may be checked out. Up to two people (on same license) can complete it for credit. The video can be viewed together, but the self-study questions should be completed independently.
- Each video is approximately 30-minutes long and when combined with the self-study questions and activities, should require at least two hours of time to complete.
- Once we receive the payment, the provider is contacted and made aware of which self-studies are available. The provider's name can be put on a waiting list if he/she has a particular request which is not at that time available.
- A replacement fee will be assessed for lost or damaged tapes or DVDs.
- Self-Studies should be dropped off at our Urbana office or returned to us via U.S. Mail or U.P.S.
- There will be a $5.00 monthly overdue fee. (Non-payment can affect future access to the self-study ressrouces)
- When matrials are returned to our office, one of our staff will review your work and then return it to you with either a training certificate for 2-hours of credit or informaton on what is needed to obtain the training certificate.
CPR/FIRST AID TRAINING
The following lists may be helpful to providers in meeting DCFS requirements for CPR training in locations according to COUNTIES:
LISTING OF CPR/FIRST AID INSTRUCTORS IN CCRS SDA AREA
Jessica McMahon (217) 355-1197 firstname.lastname@example.org
American Red Cross www.redcross.org/take-a-class
Go to the website for classes near you.
Carle Foundation Hospital
Rural Health and Farm Safety
Register through: www.carle.org
Click on Classes and Events
Champaign, Douglas, Piatt, Vermilion
Doug and Cindie Olsen
Doug and Cindie (217) 649-4389 email@example.com
Kirby Ambulance Service
1111 N. State , Monticello, IL
Crystal: (217) 762-1801
2703 W Clark Road Suite 5
Champaign IL 61822
Toll Free 877-558-7377
Contact:Beth Schafer, Impulse CPR
Champaign County - People from other counties are welcome!
American Heart Association
Visit the website for classes near you.
Provena Regional Emergency
Call: (217) 398-2550
Register with the Champaign Park District. Champaign, Piatt, Vermilion
Richland Community College
One College Park , Decatur, IL
(217) 875-7211, ext. 219
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Macon County & Piatt County - People from other counties are welcome!
NAFCC -- National Association for
Family Child Care (www.nafcc.org)
National Association for the Education of Young Children (www.naeyc.org)
NACCP -- National
Association of Child Care Professionals (www.naccp.org)
NAA -- National
After School Association (naaweb.org)
Credential -- Council for Professional Recognition (www.cdacouncil.org)
CCP -- Certified
Childcare Professional within National Child Care Association (www.nccanet.org)
National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (www.naccp.org)
Illinois Gateways to Opportunity offers the following credentials:
Illinois Directors Credential (IDC)
Illinois Early Childhood Education Credential (ECE)
Infant Toddler Credential (ITC)
Level 1 ECE Credential
School age & Youth Development (SAYD) Level 1
IGO -- Illinois Gateways to
TRAINING POLICIES & PROCEDURES
REGISTRATION for Training can be done by:
- Completing and returning the registration form enclosed in the training calendar.
- Obtaining a registration form from our website and returning it to the CCRS Office.
- Calling our agency (for free events only).
- Emailing our agency (for free events only).
Please Pre-Register (even if you are an association member) so that we can accommodate all participants with comfortable seating, training certificates, handouts and refreshments (if provided).
- CCRS does not limit the number of people who can register from a child care program. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Generally, there needs to be 10 people registered to hold a workshop.
- Walk-ins are allowed to some but not all workshops, and...if you have not pre-registered , we cannot guarantee you handouts, notify you if a workshop has changed location or is canceled, or that the workshop has been closed for full enrollent.
Registration when payment required:
Payment (check, money order, or cash) for those events which are not free must be received in our office with a registration form by noon on the business day before the event, unless otherwise advertised, or approved by a CCRS training staff member.
Confirmation of your registration:
When you pre-register you will receive a confirmation postcard listing all the workshops for which you have signed up. Please hold onto it as it will serve as your only reminder.
- Late Arrivals:A fifteen (15) minute grace period will be given at all training sessions. This grace period begins at the advertised start time. Participants will not be allowed in the training after the 15 minute grace period.
- Early Departures: To receive a training certificate, participants must stay until the trainer is finished.
Participants must respect the learning space of all. Participant behavior that is disruptive to other participants will not be tolerated. The individual will be given the choice to stop the behavior or leave the workshop.
Our workshops are for adults. Children are not to be in attendance at training sessions (unless specifically invited or to be a part of the training).
- Participant cancellation:To receive credit or refund for training sessions with a fee, participants must cancel by noon on the business day prior to the training session.
- Some workshops have a waiting list:Please let us know if you are unable to attend so that someone else can take advantage of the training opportunity. We also want to use training funds wisely and prepare materials only for those who are coming.
- No-show registrants: Pre-registration fees may be non-refundable for no-show registrants. Registrants will not be charged or billed fees for non-attendance after training has occurred. No-show registrants will not be denied access to future trainings, as long as they follow other training policies and procedures.
Workshop cancellation for low enrollment will be done no earlier than 5 business days and no later than 1 business day prior to the session. Decisions about workshops canceled for weather will be made by noon on the day of the training. We will make every effort to notify participants of the cancellation.
If at all possible, workshops canceled for weather or reasons other than low enrollment will be rescheduled at a later date. If CCRS cancels a training session, credit for another session or refund will be available if CCRS is the fiscal agency (i.e., the payment was made to the University of Illinois through Child Care Resource Service).
- To receive a training certifcate, participants must stay until the trainer is finished.
- If you misplace or lose your certificate, replacement certificates must be issued at the request of the individual participant. Certificates will only be released to the individual who participated at the training session. At this time, there is no fee for this service.
CCRS can issue a summary or transcript of trainings taken by an individual participant through our agency with our Data Tracking Program (DTP).
DTP transcripts may be issued at the request of an individual participant. To ensure confidentiality, transcripts are to be released to the individual. At this time, there is no fee for this service.